Saturday, December 27, 2008

My God is the God Who provides

(1) I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: (2) preach the word; be ready IN SEASON AND OUT OF SEASON; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. (3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, (4) and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. (5) But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, FULFILL YOUR MINISTRY.
2 Timothy 4:1-5

In this world, it is easy to lose sight of why we are here and what our responsibilities are. It is easy to get caught up in things that have no importance whatsoever. There are so many people that surround us every single day that have done this.
One of the greatest things God has ever entrusted to His children is the blessing of sharing His love. We get to share the greatest thing that has ever existed. What an honor that is and how disappointing it is to see people lose sight of that.
Ministry isn't about showing off for God Himself. It's about showing God off to the world who is missing out on Him. It's about showing the souls He created that He loves them unconditionally, forever. That He was and is and is to come. That He is everything you could ever need.

Sometimes people lose sight of that. Sometimes I lose sight of that.
Recently, I heard one of my own leaders pray a prayer that I know pray for my life. That if I ever get in the way of God and His will, that He would remove me from being in the way.
It's an honor to get to be a part of what He is doing in this world today. I love every minute I spend doing it. It can be exhausting at times, but every time I see someone take a step towards Christ, I realize just how much it really is worth the time, the exhaustion, the late nights, the early mornings, the criticism, the hardship...it's just worth everything. It will always be worth it. Even if it's only for one person, that is one more person that won't have to suffer any longer.

Thank you, Father, for the opportunity You have placed in my life. For the honor of serving You. For everything You do for me. You are mighty, all powerful, amazing. I'm willing, Lord, for You, I will go. Send me. I love you.

No comments: